Thursday, June 08, 2006

Raising the Dose

It's been almost three weeks on Cellcept. Times have been quite stressful with an all week intensive class, a house on the market, and a one week road trip. So far my skin has increasingly worsened, but not enough to warrant too much concern. It's still early, and no doubt rebounding with stress and from the effectiveness of the Soriatane+NUVB both of which I have stopped.

Today I've increased from 1.5 g/day to 2.0 g/day. I have some mild nausea when I take the two pills together--much like I had when I first starting the therapy. The nausea went away in about a week or so. Hopefully the same will happen with taking two pills.

As for blood counts, my WBC in on the low normal side. Blood work looks fine. I know my derm is quite busy, so I'm hoping he is checking my weekly blood labs. It's a paranoid feeling thinking that my WBC are low but my derm hasn't had a chance to look at it. Third lab tomorrow.