Wednesday, September 13, 2006

New Derm

For twelve years I had the same dermatologist. Then I moved to the Portland area, now the Los Angeles area. Each time I moved I faced the fear of finding a new dermatologist. Last week I visited Kaiser Baldwin Park to meet my new derm. To my surprise I liked him a lot! He understood my condition and shared about working with worse cases. I know there are worse cases out there, but I hadn't really thought too hard about it. I could've felt smacked in the face for whining and complaining so much in the past over my less than horrendous case of psoriasis, but I didn't. I felt thankful and glad that it wasn't worse. Usually telling someone who is suffering that it could be worse only backfires. This time it worked for me.

He will keep me on Cyclosporine for the year, then maybe cycle into Enbrel again. Also ramp back up on sunlight and topicals. Perhaps it will be effective this time around? Now at exactly three months on Cyclosporine, I am starting to improve again. The cycles continue, but the stress is much less now that we are settling down. My bp is actually lower than normal, around 120/65! Triglycerides, 296; Cholesterol, 212; Creatinine 0.9. Might start a new diet too. We'll see, I'm not totatlly sold on it yet.